Pax Hill Tennis Club Welcome to
Please read the following advice from Tennis Victoria with an update on using the tennis courts.
These are the most recent regulations received from the Department of Sport and Recreation following the declaration of a State of Disaster and the implementation of a Stage 3 Lockdown.
Please comply with these regulations, to keep us all safe.
We thank you for your co-operation and patience in these difficult times.
Hopefully, we will return to more normal tennis in the Spring.
Keep safe and healthy.
Pax Hill Tennis Club Committee
Please read the following notice before entering the courts.
On 2 August, the Victorian State Government announced Stage 3 Restrictions for Regional Victoria, effective from 11.59pm 5 August. As a result, tennis can continue in a limited form.
The directions of the Victorian Government for Regional Victoria:
All indoor facilities must close – this includes all indoor courts, clubhouses/rooms
Toilets may remain open if indoors
- Community competition must be cancelled until further notice
- Outdoor courts may remain open for the following:
Outdoor tennis is permitted for two people. Doubles is permitted only with people from the same household
Tennis lessons are permitted with a limit of two participants, in addition to the coach.
Outdoor tennis facilities can host up to 10 patrons at a time subject to 1.5 metres distancing requirements (coaches can be in addition to this with a group maximum of 2 patrons per coach).
- All other programs and activity must cease until further notice.
- Tennis equipment must not be shared
- A register of participant details that enter the facility must be maintained, so please use your mobile phone to snap the QR code on the Participant Details sign attached to the gate as you enter. Also, please download the COVIDSafe App on your phone for additional participant tracking.
- Participants 12 years and older must wear a face covering, unless an exemption applies. If you are doing strenuous physical exercise you do not need to wear a face covering but you must carry one with you. Strenuous exercise can include playing tennis.
We thank you for your co-operation and for helping us all keep safe.
Pax Hill Tennis Committee
P.S. If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com or 0438 531 441
Pax Hill Tennis Club began around 1961 and is still going strong.
We currently cater for players from the age of 4 through to 70 having about 35 – 40 competition playing members and many more players and community members that use the courts on a regular basis. There are very few daylight hours when the Pax Hill Tennis Courts are not in use.
The West End of Traralgon is growing rapidly and our club is welcoming new social and competition playing members who enjoy a smaller club environment.
We allow daylight hour access to 2 of our courts free of charge all year round to the public except for during Saturday tennis competition season. The season runs from Oct – Dec & then Jan – Mar between 8.30am – 11.30am and 1pm – 3pm. However if no home games are being played these courts will be made available to the public.
We encourage our community and regular visitors to become a member of our club. Sign up here or visit our membership page for more information. And make sure you set up a Tennis Australia profile!
We have an active committee of volunteers who focus on the following goals;
- Inclusion in the sport of tennis for all people.
- Fundraising for uniforms, upkeep and upgrading of our facilities.
- Obtaining sponsorship and grants to assist the club prosper.
- Providing coaching for children as young as 4 right through to adults.
We hope this has given you some information in regards to our club, please contact us and we would be happy to have you join us
Please like our Facebook page where we will share information of coming events and general information about the club. https://www.facebook.com/PaxHillTennisClub/
How to find us
Chenhall Crescent Traralgon Victoria 3844