CovidSafe Return to Tennis Rules
Before you come to the courts
- Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms.
- If you are in a high-risk health category, please consider whether you should be playing tennis during this period, and please do not take unnecessary risks.
- Only people core to playing or coaching should be at the courts (this can include non-playing parents or guardians supervising young children who are still allowed at the courts at this time).
- Everyone, whether playing or not, must arrive and leave as close as possible to when they need to be at the courts.
- As per government regulations it is mandatory to record your details for contact tracing purposes.
When you arrive at the courts
- You must check in using the QR code displayed. If this is not possible please record your details on the form provided.
- Please use sanitiser on arriving and leaving.
- Please wipe down all surfaces touched with the wipes provided.
- If you arrive and the courts are full, do not queue or loiter around the patio or clubhouse area. Please leave the club and return later.
- If you are on court during a busy time, please limit your court use to 60 minutes.
Observe social distancing
- Everyone at the courts must observe social distancing at all times.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Remember: no handshakes or High Fives. Try tapping racquets instead.
- The clubhouse is only open for access to use the toilets at the moment.
General hygiene and recommended behaviours
We are thoroughly cleaning commonly-touched surfaces around the courts each morning. However, to protect against infection, you should also do the following:
- Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play.
- Avoid touching your face while playing.
- Don’t share water bottles. Bring your own bottle, already full.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Be aware of the surfaces you touch and ensure you clean them after play.
Communications and enquiries
- If you contract the virus, we encourage you to inform us so we can take appropriate steps to protect all members and visitors.
- Any queries can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Rowena Donaghy (President) on 0417 360 600.