Guide for Parents - Expected Behaviour
At Willison Park Tennis Club (WPTC), we support and respect all children, as well as our coaches, club officials and volunteers.
We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our committee, club officials and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
- Comply with WPTC’s Child Safe Policy and uphold WPTC’s statement of commitment to child safety at all times
- Comply with the WPTC Fair Play Code
- Take all reasonable steps to protect children from abuse
- Treat everyone at WTPC with respect
- Listen and respond to the views and concerns of children, particularly if they are telling you that they or another child has been abused or that they are worried about their safety/ the safety of another child
- Report any child safety concerns to the WPTC Committee
- Comply with codes of conduct for competition and tournament play, as mandated by the organisation conducting those events.
- Ignore or disregard any suspected or disclosed child abuse
- Develop any ‘special’ relationships with children that could be seen as favouritism (for example, the offering of gifts or special treatment for specific children)
- Use inappropriate language in the presence of children
- Express personal views on cultures, race or sexuality in the presence of children
- Discriminate against any child, including because of age, gender, race, culture, sexuality, ethnicity or disability
- Photograph or video a child without the consent of the parent or guardians
- Work with children whilst under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Consume alcohol or drugs at the club or at club events in the presence of children.