Gardens Tennis Re-Opening
Fri, 08 May 2020 00:00
Gardens Tennis Club - phased restart of tennis
In line with NT Government directives https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/steps-to-restart/roadmap-new-normal
and Tennis NT Community Tennis Guidelines https://www.tennis.com.au/nt/files/2020/05/COVID-19-Guidelines-for-Play-010520_v2_May-update-1.pdf
a phased restart of tennis activity commenced at Gardens Tennis from 7 May 2020.
- Access to Gardens Tennis is available only through the Book-a-Court system and for singles play only.
- Only courts 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 are in use and available for booking.
- Bookings are restricted to a one hour period.
- When making a booking please name just one person per booking
- Players accessing the Gardens Facility are required to maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 meters and to make use of hand sanitiser provided for hand hygiene (toilets, changing rooms, clubhouse and pro-shop will not be open)
- Members and other clients failing to comply with the arrangements outlined above will render themselves liable to a ban from the Club.
Discussions are in progress on the restart of some junior and adult coaching following the current Community Tennis guidelines which include a maximum of 4 people and a coach on a court. It is likely that clients who have outstanding sessions from term 1 will be given priority access to coaching that is organised. Further information on coaching activity will be provided shortly.
On or shortly after 15th of May 2020, at a date to be advised, social doubles play will recommence subject to compliance with updated Community Tennis guidelines to be provided by Tennis NT. At this point it is anticipated that access to Gardens Tennis will still be through the Book-a-Court system with Club buildings remaining closed.
We are working towards having Club facilities re-opened and a broader range of coaching and competition and social play available on or shortly after the 5th June, the date currently anticipated for the commencement of stage 3 of the NTG Roadmap to the new normal.
Until the end of May 2020 the following fees for Book-a-Court will be in effect for a booking of one court for an hour:
5.00am – 7.00am – Peak $10 members per hour $20 Non Members
7.00am – 2pm – Free for all
2pm – 6.30pm – Standard Rates $3 for member $15 for Non members
6.30pm – 12pm – Peak - $10 members - $20 Non Members
Committee will continue to provide updates on arrangements being rolled out at Gardens. In the meantime if you have any queries please e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org