Annual Easter Tournament
Yarrawonga Lawn Tennis Club
122nd Annual Easter Tournament
10th – 13th April, 2020
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Competitors may enter a maximum of 4 events – 1 singles, 1 doubles, 1 second doubles, 1 mixed doubles.
- Matches will be scheduled as follows:
Friday – singles events, Saturday – doubles and second doubles events, Sunday – mixed doubles and second doubles events, Monday – finals and any unfinished matches from previous days.
- Age for Junior and Veteran events is determined as at 30th April, 2020. Veterans must be over 40, Super Veteran Doubles - over 50.
- Last year’s ‘A’,’ B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’ grade winning singles players and doubles combinations must enter into a higher grade or not contest that event.
- 'D' grade singles, 'D' grade doubles and 'D' grade mixed doubles are designed for novice players who do not play regular tennis.
ENTRY and PAYMENT
- Entry and payment can be completed ONLINE at http://www.92computing.com.au/yarrawongaentry.htm
- Entries will be confirmed via email so please provide a valid email address.
- Fully paid entries close on THURSDAY 19th March, 2020, or if a limit is reached, whichever comes first. On this date unpaid entries will be removed.
- Any alterations to existing entries must be requested via email on or before Thursday 26th March, 2020.
- Players who withdraw from an event will not be entitled to a refund, unless notice of cancellation is received by Monday 6th April, 2020.
- Entries in all events will be updated often at www.92computing.com.au. Draws & match times will be published by Wednesday 8th April.
- Paper entries can be posted to: YLTC Easter Tournament, PO Box 41, Yarrawonga, 3730. Online entry is preferred.
- Play will commence at 8:00 a.m on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Players must check in 15 minutes prior to each of their matches. Any player who is later than 30 minutes after their allocated time will be scratched from that event.
- Junior events will be played on the 4 plexi-pave courts and on grass courts if available. Semi Finals and Finals of the 11/u, 13/u, 15/u and 17/u events will be played on grass courts. All 9/u matches will be played on plexi-pave courts with green-dot balls.
- Junior events will be first to 6 games, tie-breaker at 5-all. Open Mixed, A, B, C, D and Vets will be first to 8 games, tie-breaker at 7-all. Open Singles and Doubles Events will be best of 2 six-game sets, 10 point tiebreaker at one set all, with semi-finals and finals being best of 3 six-game sets, tie-breaker at 6-all. Open singles and doubles events will be scheduled over all four days.
- All doubles events will be sudden death deuce.
- Another player MUST NOT replace a registered player in any event, unless approved by the Tournament Director, prior to the commencement of that event. Breaches of this rule will result in disqualification for the player / pair involved.
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to alter the program, including length of sets, in the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Should an event be cancelled due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, no refund will be made.
- Should a dispute arise, the matter shall be submitted to the Tournament Director, whose decision shall be final.
- Appropriate tennis attire and footwear must be worn. No alcohol is to be consumed whilst playing or at courtside.
- All players participate at their own risk. Players are expected to have personal accident insurance cover and are encouraged to be registered with Tennis Australia for insurance purposes.
Juniors – Juniors may play 4 junior events or a combination of junior and graded events. On the Sunday doubles day, juniors wanting to play two events may enter their junior division and a “second” doubles event (e.g. 15/u doubles and C second doubles), or 2 graded events (e.g. B doubles and B second doubles).
Open Events – Open singles players can only play in ‘open’ grade events. Prize Money will be awarded to Winners and R/Up in Open Events as follows: Singles - winner $500, runner up $250, Doubles and Mixed Doubles – winners $200 each, runners up $100 each
Second Doubles Events – are for those wishing to play 2 doubles events. Players may have different partners for the doubles and second doubles events. These matches will commence after lunch on Saturday and continue on Sunday morning. Players must be available on both days.
Veteran Events – A veteran may play all veteran events or a combination of Veteran and Graded events. Saturday Doubles can be a Graded doubles and a “Second” Doubles (A, B, C or D) or either two of the Veteran Doubles events (Vet Doubles, Second Vet Doubles, Super Vet Doubles) or a Vet doubles and graded “second” doubles.
Mixed Doubles Events - Due to increased entries and Daylight Savings being finished we have not had a consolation plate for adults for the past two years. If time permits we may run a consolation plate for juniors on Monday April 13.
For enquiries regarding this tournament please phone Jo McCarthy 0427435757, Jason Bassett 0448 838 256 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry and payment can be completed ONLINE at http://www.92computing.com.au/yarrawongaentry.htm