Mayfield Park Tennis Club Welcome to
Important members update,
Due to Covid-19 the dates for the Rotary raffle draw have changed to October 19th but we would appreciate all money and sold/unsold tickets to be returned to the club by September 1 for collation.
As competition tennis is resuming the Club Champs both Senior and Junior will be contested later in the year.
Night competition is expected to recommence in late July after being canceled back in March. Entries are still open for the coming spring season but will close at the end of June. Mayfield Park’s regular teams are all lining up to get back on the court again this season but more players are always welcome – as emergencies or to build a new team.
Please get in contact with our Night Convenor - Chris Carboon (0423 784 595) - if you have an interest in getting involved.
Covid 19 – Court usage information for members and guests.
As per the recent State Government decision with regard to easing of COVID-19 restrictions and with the consent of our local council we are now in a position to re-open our facility in a limited way from Monday 18th May 2020.
Several measures have been implemented to allow us to return to playing tennis in a limited way in this first stage of the pathway back.
- Stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the preceding 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms. If you are in a “high risk” health category, please consider whether you should be playing tennis during this period, do not take unnecessary risks.
- Only 20 people per outdoor group
- All people attending the club must adhere to general social distancing requirements by keeping at least 1.5 metres away from other people.
- The Clubhouse may be used but a Max.20 inside at any time and social distancing must be used.
The toilets will remain open. The toilets will be cleaned weekly and handwash supplied. Handles and taps will be cleaned daily.
- All drinking taps will be closed, please do not use them. Come prepared with your own full drink bottles.
- BYO hand wipes/sanitisers. Hands are to be washed/sanitised before and after play. Use wipes to clean or wear disposable gloves when using court baggers, net winders before and after use. Please continue to look after our courts during this time.
- We encourage all players to have downloaded the CovidSafe App prior to playing.
- All courts will be available for social play and coaching with a maximum of 4 per court (plus coaches). (Please be respectful and do not use the courts for long periods if all courts are full. Each group must keep separate from other groups.
- One of the most important requirements for tennis to continue is that each venue needs to keep records of participants and attendance for all people coming to our club for playing purposes. So for this first stage of re-opening please refrain from inviting guest visitors and all social play will need to be booked ahead and recorded via text to Brad on 0417 327 880 the date of play/participant names/start & end time/Court Allocated for our records. ....
- To sum up: Book ahead via text, get on the court and play, and then leave the site. No hand-shakes, high fives etc…Observe coughing etiquette as per signage – i.e. into your elbow if necessary and away from others, finally email participant information. If all these rules can be followed our courts will be allowed to remain open.
For the remainder of Term 2 & Term 3, Top Hit Tennis Coaching will advise their clients with more specific safety-related guidelines with regard to the conduct of coaching classes directly.
For further information please refer to signage at the Club and the Tennis Victoria website.
We understand some of the above requirements may seem onerous but we are required to implement the above-mentioned measures for the safety of all our community and in the best interests of the Club.
For any other questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayfield Park Tennis Club is a very active and family oriented tennis club.
We are located at 34-38 Mayfield Drive, Mount Waverley
The club has four en-tous-cas courts and two synthetic clay courts, all under lights including two coin-operated lights for use by members.
Beginners play Hot Shots competition.
Juniors teams play with the Waverley and District Tennis Association (WDTA) Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Senior competition tennis available Saturday afternoons,
Night competition tennis available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights.
During winter season many of our seniors compete in the Tennis Victoria Pennant Season.
If you have any questions or enquiries about our club, please contact Brad Hasler on 0417 327 880
How to find us
34-38 Mayfield Drive Mount Waverley Victoria 3149