Court Access Policy
NPTC courts are made available for competition play (adults and juniors), coaching, social play and casual hire
by members and the wider community. To accommodate the competing needs of these users the Committee
has determined the following:
- All competition tennis takes priority over all other user groups.
- All courts are reserved for social play on Sundays 6pm to late, Mondays 7pm to late and Wednesdays 9am to 11am.
- All members and non-members wanting to use the courts casually must book a court via the online court booking system.
- Bookings can be made 14 days in advance. The tennis courts are open 7 days a week from 5 am to 11:30pm. Due to high demand, members and casual court hirers are limited to a maximum of 1 hour booking per day.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse bookings for individuals who hoard courts, frequently cancel reservations or have a history of not showing or arriving late for reserved courts. Members will be counselled and appropriate action taken if misuse of the court reservation system occurs three or more times in any financial year.
- Courts may be booked for personal use only. Booking courts for commercial use or on behalf of other parties is strictly prohibited unless approval is sought from and granted by the Committee.
- Members must not book courts for use by other members or non-members. The Committee reserves the right to suspend membership in such cases.
- Members when playing with a non-member must pay the additional court hire fee for a non-member. The Committee reserves the right to suspend membership for failure to pay the non-member court hire fee.
- The coach must obtain permission from the Committee Secretary to hire courts outside of the “coaching contract schedule”.
- The courts and facilities can be booked for private functions by members and community groups during off peak booking times at the discretion of the Committee. Off peak booking hours are defined as Monday to Friday before 5pm.