From tomorrow, Friday 1st October, we can safely return to the courts under the below restrictions. As communicated recently, the Chief Health Officer's directives were published yesterday and the below is the interpretation of these directives for tennis.
Please carefully read the following restrictions that remain in place to keep yourself and everyone in the community safe.
- For recreational/social tennis;
- Singles play can return for two people for participants who are not fully vaccinated.
- Doubles play can return for four people from no more than two households for fully vaccinated participants. Participants must carry proof of vaccination and may be required to show this to an authorised officer at any time.
- Coaching (official THTC coaches only);
- Group coaching can return with two people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are not fully vaccinated).
- Group coaching can return with five people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are all fully vaccinated). The coach must sight evidence of vaccination for all five people and record this information.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, there is a requirement of coaches or coaching business operators to collect, record, hold and sight vaccination information.
- Participants younger than 12 years of age are treated as a fully vaccinated person.
- Note - We haven't seen anything on the number of people allowed in the venue at any one time. So until this is clarified by the State Government a maximum of 36 people at any one time is allowed in the venue. There is to be no waiting for courts inside the venue.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
- Players must reside within 15km of the tennis facility that they are playing at and exercise activity can be for up to four hours.
- Face coverings are to be worn except if a medical exception applies. They can be removed when participating.
- Competition is not permitted.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- All tennis venues must have Service Victoria QR code check-in signage clearly displayed in a prominent location and all venue attendees must check in.
- Indoor facilities, including toilets, must remain closed.
Remember if you aren't feeling well, please get tested.
As new or updated information becomes available, we will send updates through.
Note: For tomorrow only (Friday 1st) the Show Court is unavailable between 10.00am - 7.30pm for members as it booked for coaching.
Members are also reminded that courts 1 - 4 are used for coaching between 3.00pm - 7.00pm on weekdays.
Tally Ho Tennis Club is situated right in the heart of Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, so we are in a great location. We have 7 Rebound Ace high shock absorption tennis courts all with lights for night play, so we have nice comfortable and clean courts, a fantastic clubhouse and surrounds.
Why not come down and have a look or contact our President Sam Hickey on 0402 100 889 if you have any questions.
Danielle Jones is our coach and she has been with the Club since 2001. Danielle caters for all standards from beginners to advanced. Danielle can be contacted on 0408 125 378 if you wish to enquire about group or private lessons.
Membership Secretary: 0438 802 630
Secretary: 0499 150 684
Coach – Danielle Jones: 0408 125 378
Tally Ho Tennis Club – Tally Ho Reserve, Bennett Avenue, Mt. Waverley (Google Maps)
Like us on social media!!!!
Facebook: Tally Ho Tennis Club