- The club was formed in late September 1956 with the parish setting aside land for two courts.
- In 1963 the club joined in competition tennis. We were one of the original clubs to join local competition.
- The club acquired a third court in 1971.
- Additional court location at Kalparrin with four courts in 1980.
- 1982 the Kalparrin clubhouse was official opened.
- In 1990 (two courts) and 1992 (two courts) lights were erected at Kalparrin courts, resulting in night competition tennis at the club.
- Parish courts were re-surfaced in 2005 from en-tout-cas to artificial.
- A club uniform was introduced to the club in 2014.
- The club celebrated its 60th anniversary on December 11, 2016.
History of SMTC from 1956 to 2016