WE ARE OPEN! 🎉🙌🎾
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 00:00
Tennis is back and we can't wait to see you back on our court! 🎾
Please continue to practice COVID-19 safe principles at all times and follow the below restrictions to ensure a safe return to tennis:
Metropolitan Melbourne COVID-19 restrictions:
Tennis Coaches fall under the Personal Training classification and follow the newly established COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions.
- Group coaching can return with two people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are not fully vaccinated).
- Group coaching can return with five people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are all fully vaccinated). The coach must sight evidence of vaccination for all five people and record this information.
- Participants younger than 12 years of age are treated as a fully vaccinated person.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, there is a requirement of coaches or coaching business operators to collect, record, hold and sight vaccination information, if they are in excess of the patron limits.
BOOK -A-COURT / CASUAL COURT HIRE
- As per the Stay at Home Directions recreational tennis (Book a court / casual court hire);
- Singles play can return for two people for participants who are not fully vaccinated.
- Doubles play can return for four people from no more than two households for fully vaccinated participants. Participants must carry proof of vaccination and may be required to show this to an authorised officer at any time.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
- The Stay at Home Directions, the Restricted Activity Directions and the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions are all silent on a venue cap. Based on our discussions with State Government, our interpretation is that the above group coaching and people limits apply per court.
- Players must reside within 15km of the tennis facility that they are playing at and exercise activity can be for up to four hours.
- Face coverings are to be worn except if a medical exception applies. They can be removed when participating.
- Competition is not permitted.
- All participants must scan and check in via the QR code.
- Indoor facilities, including toilets, will remain closed.
For all the latest COVID-19 updates, please visit Tennis Victoria here: https://bit.ly/3ienMHm
We look forward to seeing you on the courts for a hit!