This is the current situation if you want to play tennis at Lake Cathie Tennis Club
More good news, most of the restrictions have been lifted. It is still vitally important that we all take responsibility to minimise the effects and potential spread of COVID-19.
Inside the clubhouse, which groups have access to, there is hand sanitizer, gloves, wipes and surface spray for Group coordinators to use to clean any surfaces, including gate entry areas.
For casual hirers, who don't have this access, it is strongly suggested they provide their own sanitizer equipment for using the key PIN pad and gate entry areas
The group coordinator information we currently have are:
Monday PM Mick Wadsworth 0412 716 585
Tuesday PM Ian Ridgeway 6582 6310
Wednesday AM Margaret Wood 6585 5776
Wednesday PM Karen Mitchell 041404240477
Friday AM Leon Norgate 0401 037 469
From Friday 12 June2020, all regular playing groups can recommence play provided these guidelines are observed:
· Social spaces including outdoor seating and shaded areas can be re-opened –users should continue to adhere to social distancing and personal hygiene measures
· While on the court(s) social distancing protocols must be observed.
**Please be considerate of your coordinator and our Treasurer by paying only with gold coin or notes – fiddly change will only make more potential to spread this disease.
Each Group Coordinator will ensure their group has available to them:
· Their own set of tennis balls
· Sufficient hand sanitizer
· Sanitizer/disinfectant and cloths to wipe down all surfaces (such as locks, hand rails and any other surface that may be touched) before AND after play
Before you decide to play, stay at home if you:
· Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· Have flu-like symptoms
· If you are in a high-risk health category, then you should not be playing tennis at any time during this period.
The Federal Government have listed the following as high-risk categories:
· Persons with weakened immune systems
· Any person aged over 70 (over 60 for people with pre-existing medical conditions, or over 50 for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people with pre-existing medical conditions)
· Persons with diagnosed chronic medical conditions (such as lung conditions and kidney failure)
· People with diabetes
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
· Very young children (Under 5) and babies
For more detailed information, please read the complete guidelines attached.
Casual Court Hire
Go to the "Court hire" Page on this website, login or register(if this is your first time) and follow the directions given below the "Book your court" table