Fri, 11 Aug 2023 00:00
We held a committee meeting last Wednesday evening and these are the points that came out of it.
1. A draft constitution has been agreed to. This will be put up on the website and facebook page for all members to read and comment on. This will then be voted on at the AGM.
2. The AGM will be held on Saturday September 23rd @ 11.00 am in the clubrooms.
3.There will be a working bee held on Sunday September 17th @ 9.00am.
4. There will be a member registration /family day on Sunday 8th October from 9.30 am until 11.00 am including a free BBQ breakfast. More details to come.
5. Strategic plan. There is a meeting scheduled on Friday 18th of August with Peter Bertoncini from Tennis Vic to begin putting into place our Strategic Plan. If any member wishes to be involved you are most welcome to join us.
6. Community Coaching. You are all aware that we lost our coach last December, and in the current climate it is difficult to find a replacement. We are therefore looking to set up a community coaching program in conjunction with Tennis Victoria. This program is to Tennis what Auskick is to footy, and Milo Cricket is to cricket. We are seeking a co-ordinator who is prepared to do the course run by Tennis Vic, and run the programme with the help of interested parents/ members. There is a two day course being run at the Tennis Centre in Bendigo in early October. There is a cost involved which will be picked up by the club. The age criteria is that you must be over 16. Please contact me if there is interest.
Finally, we are in discussion with Council concerning lights, fencing, toilet upgrade and outdoor pickleball courts, I will keep you updated as things progress.
ph. 0417377112 email email@example.com