Member Protection Policy
Belrose Tennis Club is committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of those who participate in the activities of Tennis.
All Belrose Tennis Club members, coaches, parents, and contractors are bound by the Tennis Australia Member Protection Policy. This Policy ensures that every person involved in our Club is treated with respect and dignity and is safe and protected from abuse. This policy also ensures that everyone involved in our Club is aware of his or her legal and ethical rights and responsibilities. All members have a responsibility at all times when playing at or representing the club, to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, consistent with the Tennis Australia Code of Conduct.
Our club endorses the Tennis Australia Member Protection Policy and makes the following commitments.
Our club’s commitment to safeguarding children
- Our club is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every child who takes part in our activities, programs, events, or services
- Our club is committed to providing children with positive and nurturing experiences
- Our club will support families and communities to promote the healthy development and wellbeing of all children
- Our club will strive to ensure that children are protected
- Our club will strive to ensure that children are not exploited, abused, or harmed during their involvement with our activities, programs, events, or services
- Our club will listen to children and address any concerns that they raise with us
- Our club will ask for consent from children and their parent or guardian before we seek out or provide information about them to any other individual or organisation
- Our club might not ask for consent to disclose information to police, regulatory authorities, or relevant statutory child-protection agencies in the event we have concerns about the safety or wellbeing of a child
- All children, whatever culture/language, or religion, shall be able to participate in tennis in a fun and safe environment
- Our club will appoint and ensure a Member Protection Information Officer is trained on their obligations and responsibilities with respect to child-safety.
Our club’s commitment to parents and carers
- Our club is committed to supporting parents and carers to protect their children
- Our club will offer assistance that builds on a family’s strengths and make up, is sensitive to their culture and religious beliefs and empowers them to meet the changing needs of their children
- Our club is committed to communicating honestly and openly with parents and carers about the wellbeing and safety of their children.
- Our club will promote and distribute information about our child protection commitment to children and parents as part of an introduction to our services and programs
- Our club will aim to be transparent in our decision-making, with parents and guardians, as long as doing so does not compromise the safety of a child or breach any confidentiality
Our club’s commitment to ensuring a child-safe organisation
- Our club is committed to using best practice standards in the recruitment, screening, and employment of any persons in a position of authority
- Our club will work to create an environment in which children are safe and feel safe in all our programs, activities, events, or services
- Our club will strive to ensure that persons in a position of authority do not harm, abuse or exploit children who are involved with our programs or services
This commitment was endorsed and approved by Belrose Tennis Club Inc. in September 2020 by the Club’s President and Secretary on behalf of the Club’s Committee.