Club Re-Opening from 1-Oct
Wed, 29 Sep 2021 00:00
We have finally received the approval from the council to open the club under the following strict conditions. Our club will open from this Friday morning 1st Oct and you will be able to start making booking from tomorrow.
Please read the below details carefully and make sure these are followed at all times.
- Group coaching can return with two people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are not fully vaccinated).
- Group coaching can return with five people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are all fully vaccinated). The coach must sight evidence of vaccination for all five people and record this information.
- Participants younger than 12 years of age are treated as a fully vaccinated person.
As per the Stay at Home Directions recreational tennis (casual and member bookings):
- Singles play can return for two people for participants who are not fully vaccinated.
- Doubles play can return for four people from no more than two households for fully vaccinated participants. Participants must carry proof of vaccination and may be required to show this to an authorised officer at any time.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
- Players must reside within 15km of the tennis facility that they are playing at and exercise activity can be for up to four hours.
- Face coverings are to be worn except if a medical exception applies. They can be removed when participating.
- Competition is not permitted.
- All tennis venues must have Service Victoria QR code check-in signage clearly displayed in a prominent location and all venue attendees must check in.
- Indoor facilities, including toilets, must remain closed.
- Coaches can access equipment only if required
Some other important points to note that are specific to our club and will be in place until we are back to normal.
- Outside toilet will be kept closed and cannot be used.
- Advance booking window is restricted to 1 day
- All memberships including (Family & Couple) are restricted to 1 hr each day
- No social tennis
- Coaching available from 1st Oct
Club facility will be monitored and expect random checks from authorised officials to make sure the above guidelines are followed. Please co-operate with any officials asking information about your vaccination status or any other details in the interest to protect our safety.