Complaints and Penalties Policy and Process
- If any person considers that ant Club Policy or Procedure have been breached they may make a complaint
- A complaint must be made in writing to either:
- The Club President
- The Child Protection Officer
- When a complaint is received the complainant will be asked whether they wish the club to -
- Listen and advise the complainant about what their options are; and/or
- Act as a mediator between the complainant and the alleged offender to try and resolve the complaint by agreement; and/or
- Refer the complaint to the relevant authority which may include (but not limited to); Eastern Districts Tennis Association, Tennis SA , SAPOL.
- Having determined the complainants wishes the club will -
- Act in accordance with the complainant’s wishes
- Keep the matter confidential
- Inform the relevant government authority, if required by law.
If the Club considers that a person to whom this policy applies, has breached a Club Policy or Procedure, it may impose any one or more of the following penalties:
- Direct that the offender attend counselling to address their conduct
- Recommend that the appointment of any role which the offender holds within the club is terminated.
- Suspend the offender from competition for such period as the club sees fit.
Terminate the membership of the offender with the club