Download Rules click here
Tennis Veterans Sunshine Coast Ass Inc Competition Rules
1. Starting Time is 12 noon. The first set must be started by 12.15pm or the First set will be forfeited.
2. Team Registration Fees: Must be paid with the Entry Form.
3. It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to ensure that all Members are Registered with our Association before play commences.
4. The min age for entry into Veterans Fixtures is 30 years
5. A minimum of 5 players constitutes a match, rather than forfeiting.
[a]The opposing Team must be notified by 9am on the day of play that they only have 5 players.
[b] Missing players Sets will be forfeited.
6. The home Captain should prepare a Score Sheet and Clearly print all Players full names then the Opposing Captain must do the same for play to Commence at 12 noon.
7. In the first set, the visitors will have first serve. From then on serves are alternate.
8. Score sheets need to be submitted by each captain for all matches as well as forfeits and wet matches. Zero scores will be entered if score sheets are not received within 12 days of a match.
9. No player can play in a division lower than the Division originally registered in. If a player plays in a higher division more than three times that player is now a part of the higher division team and cannot play in the lower division in that season.
10. If a player is injured during the match or must leave the match for any emergency reason, a substitute player may be called on to carry on the remaining sets for that player, providing that substitute player is not above the grade being played. Only the set being played when the injury or emergency occurred will be forfeited by the player. If there is a dispute regarding this rule it will be handled by the committee.
11. Women may play as men in this competition.
12. Teams must not enter, or play as fill-ins, players who are above the standard for that division. If they do so, the committee has the power to forfeit that player’s sets and points.
13. The final will be played between Teams 1 & 2 on Points at the end of the Fixtures.
13.1 It is the captain’s responsibility to ensure there are sufficient eligible players to play in the Finals. eg: 5 men 3 women so as not to forfeit. [AGM 2021]
13.2 Players listed on the team entry form must have played at least 2 matches to be eligible for Finals.
13.3 A player not listed on the team entry form may substitute in during the season and may become eligible for finals after playing 2 matches and declaring their team to be registered with. [AGM 2021]
13.4 If any other players, due to injury or emergency circumstances, are required for the finals, they may draw from other teams in their division or lower, but must be approved by the committee. The replacement player must be of similar standard or lower. [AGM 2021]
13.5 In the Event of a washout or no play due to rain the team on highest points will be the winner.
14. If the Venue is unplayable due to rain, the home team must notify the visiting team by 9am on the day. In the event of a wet match, the two captains may agree to reschedule that match if it is completed before the next round is played. If it rains during the match, then 7 completed sets must be played to constitute a match. Games in incomplete sets will count.
• 2 points will be awarded for a win, 0 points for a loss, 1 point each for a draw: A win is earned by the team with the most sets won. In the event of equal sets, the team with the most games will win, In the event of equal sets and games, then the match is drawn.
• 1 point will be awarded for every set won
• 0 .01 for every game won
• Forfeit: The team forfeiting will be awarded 0 points; the team receiving the forfeit will be awarded 12.72.(AGM 2019)
• Wet Match: A teams average points will be awarded for a wet match
• Bye: A teams will be awarded 6.36 points for a bye
• A teams average points will be awarded for a match cancelled due to lockdown or TQ order
• Tie breaker to be played at 5 games all. (ITF Seniors 7 point tie break - Play one point and change ends and then change after every four points.)