The courts were built by AV Jennings as part of a new concept for a planned development incorporating shops, housing and sporting areas. The estate was built in 1934 and the original estate and tennis courts are heritage listed by the national trust Hermès number 70172.

The Catholic archdiocese brought the tennis courts from Caulfield council in 1955 and the St Patricks Murrumbeena Tennis Club moved in.

St Patricks Murrumbeena Tennis Club has been offering tennis for over 90 years to the local community. We offer many opportunities for competitions and coaching to the local community, as well as social events throughout the year.