Tennis Coaching & Competitions
Mt Martha Tennis Club participates in numerous competitions throughout each year.
We encourage and welcome new players and members into the club.
You can find out details about each competition by clicking the relevant tabs.
More information regarding various competitions will be posted as it becomes available.
Children - Saturday & Sunday Comps Summer (Oct – Mar) Winter (Apr – Sept)
Adults – Saturday PM Comps Summer (Oct – Mar) Winter (Apr – Sept)
Adults – Night & Mid week Comps Season 1 (Feb – Jun) Season 2 (Jul – Nov
- Night competition is on week nights Monday to Friday (subject to number of teams)
- Commencement time is 8pm sharp. There is no play on Public or school holidays
- Teams consist of 8 players (men & ladies) graded which allows us to cover a wide range of ability and gives players a chance to advance through the rankings as there tennis improves
- Players can nominate to play full time, share (subject to another player being available) or emergency.
- The aim is for each player combination to play 3 sets per night against opposition players of equal ability.
- A fixture is created at beginning of season to allow all players to plan the nights they will be playing on.
- If you are unavailable to play on a given night we have emergency players to take your place.
- An after match supper adds to the Social side of Night Comp with the Home side on the night providing nibbles.
- At the end of each season the top 4 teams play in a Final series ending with a Social night on Grand Final night.
- All players must be financial members of MMTC and a fee is required for Night Comp payable by beginning of season to cover ball costs and general expenses. The fee varies depending on the length of season but works out to approximately $5 per night.
If you require further information please contact Don on details below
Night Comp Convenor
0417 953 777