Methodist Tennis Club was formed in 1952. The High School courts were hired to provide the facilities. The Methodist Tennis Club entered the Central Wimmera Tennis Association (CWTA), with one B Grade team in 1952. The CWTA was formed from the merger of Central Wimmera, Horsham Churches and District Associations.
The current courts at Baillie Street in Horsham were constructed in 1954/5. The clubrooms were built in 1973 with the assistance of the Red Scheme program.
The Methodist Tennis Club became a public tennis club in 1977 and was renamed to the Central Park Tennis Club (CPTC).
Courts 1-4 were reconstructed in the early 1990’s and were later coated with flexi-pave. Later courts 5-8 were coated with a flexi-pave surface.
CPTC celebrated its 50 years in 2003 with a celebration at the Sports and Community Club in Horsham.
The CPTC provides competition tennis for junior, senior members and social tennis for the general public. Teams are still entered with the Central Wimmera Tennis Association for competition on Saturday’s between October and March each year (current three senior teams and 20 junior teams). Social night tennis is organised throughout the year according to interest. The courts are available for use anytime by members or for hire by the public, when not in use for competition.
The CPTC also hire the courts to a number of users groups including the Horsham Ladies Tennis Association (ladies competition held on Monday’s), Elite Coaching for coaching, schools (for school activities), Wimmera Tennis Council (squad selection and training) and again casually to the general public.
Courts 5-6 have had lights installed with future capability to install lights on courts 1-2.
A dedicated children’s playground was established with a shade sail that has enabled parents to bring their children to tennis and have the confidence that they are secure and entertained in the complex.
How to find us
221 Baillie Street Horsham Victoria 3400