The Braddon Tennis Club Committee currently comprises:
President: Ronny Reichelt
The president has the highest leadership position of the club and overall responsibility for the club’s administration.
The president’s functions include—
- serving as a representative and spokesperson for the club
- leading the annual planning of the club
- facilitating effective management of club/committee meetings
- guiding effective decisions for managing and operating the club
- ensuring members adhere to the rules of the club
- helping to build and maintain a positive culture within the club.
Secretary: Charlene Emery
The secretary (also public officer) is the person who maintains the records of the club, as required under the Associations Incorporation Act 1991.
The secretary’s functions include—
- calling meetings of the club, including preparing notices of a meeting and of the business to be conducted at the meeting, in consultation with the president of the club
- keeping minutes of each meeting
- keeping copies of all correspondence and documents relating to the club
- maintaining the club’s register of matters.
Treasurer: Jacqui Marsden
The treasurer is responsible for keeping the finances of the club healthy so the club can achieve its objectives.
The treasurer’s functions include—
- collecting and receiving all amounts owing to the club and making all payments authorised by the club
- keeping correct accounts and books showing the financial affairs of the club, including all receipts and expenditure connected with the activities of the club
- tracking, projecting and reporting club finances.
Membership Secretary: Jess Hurley
The membership secretary is responsible for managing and growing the membership of the club.
The membership secretary’s functions include—
- communicating with prospective and current members regarding membership with the club, including when fees are due
- keeping and maintaining a register of members including member details (name, address, contact), class of membership and financial status
- helping to grow the membership of the club.
Communications and Social Media Officer: Annabelle Fisher
The communications and social media officer’s functions include—The communications and social media officer is responsible for stakeholder communications (internal and external) and profile raising for the club.
- managing the club’s email inbox
- maintaining and developing content for the club’s online communication and engagement platforms (website, Facebook, etc)
- developing grant applications, correspondence and promotional material
- helping to raise the profile of the club.
Property Management Officer: vacant
The property management officer is responsible for managing and maintaining the property of the club, including the use of its facilities.
The property management officer’s functions include—
- parking management and inspection
- overseeing maintenance and repairs, including contractors
- developing and managing special projects to enhance the facilities and services of the club.
Club Coach: Myles Emery
*selected and appointed by the committee under agreement for a defined period.
The club coach plays a crucial role in building a culture of participation and development in the club, through tennis programs, skills development and advice.
The club coach’s functions include—
- providing tennis programs, incorporating individual and group coaching, and social and competitive tennis
- providing a positive environment for players to develop skills, tactics, teamwork and enjoyment of the game
- providing expert advice to the committee and players based on knowledge and experience in tennis
- ensuring courts and equipment are maintained for quality and safety
- actively increasing participation and development at the club.
All enquires to the Committee can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.