Social Tennis Competition
YTC Social Night Tennis competitions are open to members and non-members and cater for intermediate level tennis players in a relaxed environment. After a grading session, players are matched with other players at around their level. Matching alters from week to week depending on how you scored in the preceding week. Our system of adjusting groups weekly ensures players are matched with other players of similar ability.
What ability level do you need to be?
YTC have developed a player self-assessment checklist consistent with the International Tennis Number (ITN) system Level 7 – Intermediate player. Players who have played regular senior competition previously would be at the appropriate standard. If you have any doubts about your standard contact the YTC administrator and ask for the Self-Assessment Checklist, and if still in doubt the Administrator will arrange for you to have a hit to assess your current ability. Should you wish to improve your standard, our coach, Adam Vergis, is always available. See the Coaching page for information about lessons.
Please see below document to assess your standard:
- Seasons for social tennis are 8 to 10 weeks, and generally coincide with school term dates.
- There are two competitions one on Monday nights and one on Thursday nights
- Both competitions are open to ladies and men.
- There are 30 spaces each night with 5 players scheduled for each court with each player playing with each of the other players in their group.
- Play starts at 7.30 pm, however players need to arrive earlier to register attendance and prepare courts. Finishing times vary but are generally about 9:30ish
Summer season starts after Australia Day
Autumn season starts after Easter school holidays
Winter season starts early July
Spring Starts early October.
Recreational Level – Social Tennis Activities
YTC is considering running a short season of social evenings for players who are not ready for the above Social night competition yet. These will allow recreational level players to experience some match play and improve their game. Players, who are interested in this form of tennis, should register interest with the YTC administrator and will be notified when there are enough players to run a viable activity.
Summer Season 2024 commences 1st / 5th February.
MONDAY has booked out. Limited spots available for Thursday nights, please contact below
For more information, contact:
Heather Bradshaw 0424 238 195 or email@example.com