Easing of COVID-19 Restrictions
Thu, 06 May 2021 00:00
In light of the WA Government's announcement this afternoon, COVID-19 transitional restrictions in will ease significantly from midnight on Friday.
This applies to people in Perth and Peel, and anyone who has visited Perth and Peel in the past 14 days now in other regions of WA.
As of 12:01am on Saturday 8 May to 12:01am on Saturday 15 May 2021, masks will no longer be mandatory, except for:
- at events with more than 1,000 attendees, including at stadiums
- on public transport
- at hospital and aged/disability care facilities for all staff and visitors
Updated capacity limits include:
- Casino gaming floor and nightclubs can reopen, subject to the 2sqm rule
- 100-person limit in all homes, for private indoor or outdoor gatherings
- 200-person limit on weddings and funerals
- Major stadiums, including Optus Stadium, RAC Arena, HBF Park and HBF Stadium - Main Arena can operate at 75 per cent capacity, with masks mandatory
This advice is subject to change in accordance with Government directives.
Pre-lockdown requirements for all of the state remain in place, and include:
- Mandatory contact registers for all staff, coaches, players, and visitors using the SafeWA app or a manual register for contact tracing purposes
- Capacity restrictions for major venues
- 2 square metre capacity rule applies at all times
- Please stay home if you feel unwell and get tested if you are experiencing any symptoms
Consider continuing with healthy practices such as physical distancing, racquet taps instead of handshakes, good personal hygiene, and self-reporting if feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms.
Pre and post match socialisation is permitted, but please ensure all players, visitors, and spectators practice the 2 square metre capacity rule and use the SafeWA app or manual contact register.