It’s great to be a member of a sporting club! You can make new friends, play tennis whenever you like, participate in club events, and help build your local community.
Our Member and Player Policy explains our membership categories, especially for families and under 18s, plus has piles of practical information for members.
Member and Player fees - Current Fees
The membership year runs from 1st October to 30th September of the following year.
Memberships fees for 1st October 2021 to 30th September 2022 are:
Junior Player (under 18) $100
Senior Member (over 18) $175
Senior Member Concession (student, senior, other concession) $120
Parent Member Non-Playing* (parent of Junior Player) $30
Key deposit (key optional, only for adult Members) $30
Friend of KTC (get our club communications, so you know about events) Free
Notes: * Parent Member Non-Playing refers to parents who wish to have the occasional hit with their child (Junior Member) before or after Club sanctioned coaching or events or wish to be involved in contributing to club development. It is not for regular hitting between parents and children. In this instance, both the parent and child will need to be fully paid Senior and Junior players.
We want to encourage families to join, so we limit the cost of annual membership to $285 per family (two adults and all children living at home). Each person still signs up as an individual member. Talk to our Registrar, or email the club to discuss options to suit you.
Option 1: Registering the old-fashioned way
Note that if you need a Tennis Australia account, such as if you will be playing Pennants or in a Tennis West competition, you will need to register online. Please see Option 2.
- Download and complete this Member and Player Application
- Email the form to the club firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line "Membership Application - Surname") or give it to a committee member (not to coaches please).
- The Treasurer will send you an invoice. Make the payment online to Kardinya Tennis Club, BSB 066 144 Account 0090 0929 and include your surname and invoice number in the payment description.
- We will create your account for you.
- Let us know if you want a key or a shirt and we can help you with that, too.
Option 2: Registering online
Please read the tips first (or as you go).
This is the preferred method.
- Tip #1 Registering online will also create a Tennis Account for you, which is valid all over Australia. So if you have been a member of another club, when you see the GET COURT UP screen, make sure you click on ‘ALREADY A MEMBER? Log in to tennis.’ Don’t ‘join’ again, as this will create two of you, and we are unable to put you back together. Or you could run into ’email address already used’ problems.
- Tip #2 There is sneaky small print for U15s – don’t miss it.
- Tip #3 Later in the process, please say ‘yes’ to ‘club notifications’. This is how we send you newsletters and notice of meetings.
- Tip #4 Families, remember to pay a maximum of $270 for memberships, no matter what the invoices add up to.
Members of KTC re-registering?
The treasurer will issue an invoice to all current members around 15th August, for the upcoming new membership year (commencing 1st October). Please make payment to the club bank account with your surname and invoice number in the payment details. If you wish to pay earlier, please request an invoice from the treasurer by email at email@example.com If you do not wish to renew, please advise the club by email upon receipt of the invoice.
In addition to payment, please also advise us of your intention to re-register by one of the following:
Option 1. Eemailing the club with your instructions. Something like: ‘Please sign me up again as an Adult Member in 2020/2021, I paid my membership fee into the bank on x date, with reference xx. Sincerely, xxxx’. Simple.
Option 2. Re-register online (please read the tip).
TIP: When you see the GET COURT UP screen, make sure you click on ‘ALREADY A MEMBER? Log in to tennis.’ Don’t ‘join’ again, as this will create two of you, and we are unable to put you back together. This applies if you have ever had a Tennis Account at ANY club in Australia (using that email address, Facebook login, etc). If you don’t know, or can’t remember, the club can look and see if you already have a tennis account and what your email login was.
Keys and Club Shirts
Adult Members are entitled to a key if they want one. They are available for a $30 deposit. Contact Geoff Thomas to arrange to pick it up. If you would like a key, pay $30 into the bank, labelled ‘key’ and ‘your name’ or bring cash when you pick it up. Same for the club shirts, $35 each (kept at the club now).
KTC Bank Details
Make payments to KTC at Commonwealth Bank BSB 066 144 Account 0090 0929.
If there are not enough character spaces to clearly describe who you are and what you have just paid for, send an email to the club explaining and we will match it up.
Update your Details
Our database is linked (and is subordinate to) to the Tennis Australia database. This means, if you have a Tennis Account (most of you will), there are certain fields the club can’t update for you – you have to do it yourself, as the account belongs to you. Updating your Tennis Account will automatically update the club database.
Go to https://www.tennis.com.au/ – log in and update your profile. It can be a little temperamental, but Tennis Australia in Melbourne will happily help you sort out any bugs. Calling them is the fastest, easiest and most powerful way to sort things out.
Technical support (Tennis Australia in Melbourne) 1800 752 983.