Stage 3 Restrictions Impacts
Thu, 06 Aug 2020 00:00
Due to the announcement & directions from the Deputy Chief Health Officer & Premier returning Regional Victoria returning to Stage 3 from Midnight Wednesday, the Executive has made the following decisions in consultation with City of Greater Geelong and Tennis Victoria:
All Internal Club competitions will be suspended immediately. This suspension will be in place until at least the 13th September. More information regarding this will follow this email.
Coaching Programs has been suspended. Julian has provided further information to families and participants.
Tennis Geelong have also announced the ababdonment of the winter seasons of midweek, seniors and junior tennis.
Under Stage 3 restrictions the clubrooms will remain closed, however the courts will remain available for members to use, under the following conditions:
- all usage MUST be booked through the book a court system with all participants listed on the booking
- Courts can be booked for doubles matches IF all participants are from the same household.
- If Participants are not from the same household, then courts can only be used for singles play
- No equipment is to be shared amongst courts/players
- Hands are to be sanitised before and after play.
- There will be no toilet access
- masks should be worn to and from the club, but can be removed whilst playing.
- Leave the area at the conclusion of your booking to avoid congregation of crowds
- Maintain social distancing standard
- No Spectators are allowed, only active participants
- Gates are to be closed when you enter the facility to ensure that only registered players are participating
Please note that Courts 7 & 8 will remain unlocked for public access, as instructed by Council. Social distancing should still be maintained when using these courts.
Please also note that you will need to be a financial member of the club to access the book a court system. If you have not received an invoice or would like to discuss your membership fees, please feel free to contact Club Treasurer, Darren on 0419 376 301.
The Committee would like to remind members that breaches of these protocols could put access to the club in jeopardy (and see you personally fined) as Council and Vic Police will be keeping an eye on things. So do the right thing, and we can all continue to enjoy tennis.
We will keep you up to date of any changes.
In the meantime please stay safe.