Covid-19 Update 28 December 2020
Mon, 28 Dec 2020 00:00
COVID-19 UPDATE 28 December 2020
Some good news! In accordance with NSW Health advice, council tennis courts will reopen for exercise purposes only. ALL Club Houses are to remain closed.
The Club has registered a COVID Safety Plan to comply with the current regulations.
If members have not already done so it is strongly recommended to download the COVIDSafe app.
Note that residents are only allowed to play on the courts in their zones, therefore residents in the north (beyond the Narrabeen bridge) can only play on courts in that zone and residents in the southern zone can only play on courts in the southern area – no exceptions.
Residents are not permitted to cross zones to exercise and must comply with the numbers permitted to exercise as stipulated by NSW Health.
People from outside the northern beaches LGA are also not permitted to be playing on the courts.
COVID-19 NSW Health Guidance
For the southern zone of the Northern Beaches
- Stay at home rules apply. (The special Christmas period rules allowing you to visit the homes of other southern zone residents no longer apply.)
- Up to 10 people, including children, may gather outdoors for exercise or recreational activity, but everyone must be a southern zone resident.
- You may only enter or leave this zone for essential reasons.
Outdoor recreation activities
If you are living or staying in the Northern Beaches, you may leave your home for outdoor recreation activities.
Outdoor recreation includes activity that supports mental, physical or emotional wellbeing. This includes picnics, golf, tennis, water-based activities (swimming, boating, jet-skiing, fishing, paddle boarding), and taking children to outdoor public playgrounds.
In the northern zone, no more than 5 northern zone residents can participate.
In the southern zone, no more than 10 southern zone residents can participate.
If you are feeling unwell or have the slightest symptoms you must get tested and isolate pending results.
All players and visitors must register by scanning the QR Code which will be clearly displayed.
Social Distancing and hygiene
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres still applies and must be strictly adhered to
- Hand sanitizer (available) to be used before and after play
Further information on NSW Health website
For further details go to: COVID-19 (coronavirus) | NSW Government