Mon, 18 Oct 2021 00:00
COVID-19 UPDATE 18 OCTOBER 2021
CURRENT COVID-19 TENNIS RESTRICTIONS
Tennis NSW has announced further easing of restrictions that have come into effect as at Monday 18 October 2021.
Tennis activities can now take place for larger groups of players and the following changes are now in effect:
- Any other outdoor gathering is permitted to have up to 50 people. Tennis NSW understands that this will allow those members who are conducting local competition to increase participation. Note that a COVID-19 Safety Plan is not required for this type of gathering.
- The clause that limited sport and exercise in groups of 20 people has now been removed.
- A COVID-19 safe outdoor public gathering is permitted to have up to 200 people. Note that a COVID-19 Safety Plan for Outdoor Events is mandatory for gatherings of this type.
If members have not already done so it is strongly recommended to download the COVIDSafe app.
If you are feeling unwell or have the slightest symptoms you must get tested and isolate pending results.
All players and visitors must register by scanning the QR Code which will be clearly displayed.
Social Distancing and hygiene
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres still applies and must be strictly adhered to
- Hand sanitizer (available) to be used before and after play
The latest changes are reflected in the Tennis NSW Return to Tennis Guide
Further information on NSW Health website : NSW Stay Safe Rules