Tue, 01 Feb 2022 00:00
COVID-19 UPDATE 1 FEBRUARY 2022
CURRENT COVID-19 TENNIS RESTRICTIONS
The Tennis NSW Board has updated the guidelines for participation in the sport by removing the requirement for mandatory COVID-19 vaccination from Tuesday 1 February 2022.
The change now brings participation in tennis in NSW into line with the NSW State Government position which currently states:
Sport and Exercise
Anyone can now participate in sport and exercise.
- People are no longer required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence.
- COVID-19 Safe Check-in is only required at gyms (but not dance, yoga, pilates, gymnastics or martial art studios).
- Face masks are required indoors when not participating in exercise.
- Density limits no longer apply.
- COVID Safety Plans are no longer required.
Indoor Recreation Facilities and Gyms
Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can now operate with no person or capacity limits in place, including group fitness classes.
Patrons attending gyms are still required to check in via a Service NSW QR code.
The QR check in process does not apply to dance, yoga, pilates, gymnastics or martial art studios.
Outdoor Gatherings (including community sport)
Density limits and vaccination status no longer apply for outdoor gatherings.
- Community sport, including matches, competitions and training, can take place for all staff, spectators and participants regardless of vaccination status.
- All persons, regardless of vaccination status, can participate in an outdoor gathering, such as a barbeque or picnic.
Further information see : NSW Office of Sport